Agency Completes 2011 IPA Project, Obtains Equipment for Monitoring Media Contents
Skopje, 7 October 2016 – The Director of the Agency for Audio and Audiovisual Media Services, Mr. Zoran Trajchevski, PhD, and H.E. Mr. Samuel Zbogar, Ambassador of the Delegation of the European Union, held a bilateral meeting today, in the Agency premises, followed by an official launch of the new equipment for monitoring media contents. This closing event marked the completion of the IPA Project 2011, titled “Supply of Equipment for Monitoring Media Contents Conducted by the Agency for Audio and Audiovisual Media Services”.
With this new equipment, the Agency has modernized its system for recording, keeping and reviewing programme contents broadcasted by the radio and television stations. At the same time, this has made it possible to receive the signals of all broadcasters on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia, as well as the signals of all operators of public electronic communication networks in the Republic of Macedonia, here, at the Agency Headquarters. The signals are transferred from eight remote locations for collecting signals to one central signal collection point located here, at the Agency, which also serves as a remote location for Skopje.
“Development and modernization of media regulators should be a challenge and additional motive for creating partnerships and building mutual confidence among all stakeholders in society,” underlined the Agency Director, Mr. Trajchevski, on this occasion.
The total value of the equipment for monitoring media contents is 839,608.00 Euros, 75% of which have been provided as financial aid by the European Commission, while the remaining 25 %, i.e. 209,902.00 Euros, were provided through co-financing from the Agency’s budget.
The equipment was installed by the ASSECO SEE DOOEL Skopje Company and the SALVIOL Consortium from Ljubljana, which at this event presented the performances of the new software and the equipment for monitoring media content, which ensures continuous 24-hour recording of the programmes broadcasted by the radio and television programming services to which the Agency has granted licenses, as well as recordings of at least 90 seconds for each programming service retransmitted by the Public Communication Network Operators, at least four times a day, i.e. during 24 hours.
The entire speech of Dr. Zoran Trajchevski, Director of the Agency for audio and audiovisual media services, can be downloaded at the following link